Friday, November 23, 2007

Writers Guild of America..Save us from Michael Bolton!

Well it seems that we are starting to see signs of the writer’s strike effecting our regular tv programming. Has anyone else other than me noticed all the tv ads for the upcoming lineup of reality tv shows? It’s a lot of reality shows. One ad I saw was for a new show featuring Michael Bolton. Seriously? Michael Bolton? There must be a better solution out there other than more reality shows. Why can’t the networks dig into the archives and bring back old tv shows from the 70’s and 80’s. How about bringing back shows like The Incredible Hulk. I loved that show. Or CHiPS...another great show. Anything is better than reality shows. I live in reality. Why would I want to watch someone else's reality? My point is we need our Hollywood writers to get back to work so I can watch new episodes of The Office and other nightly tv programming.....

On second thought maybe Michael Bolton won't be so bad.

Okay, but if have to do a reality show how is this for an idea. How about doing a reality show on the writers strike itself. The show can follow the strike as they attempt to work towards a solution that both sides can agree on. We can talk to the writers, the actors, the networks and everyone else this strike effects…you know, get all sides of the story. Maybe the show could sit in on the negotiations. We can even get the viewers involved. They can call in every week and come up with ideas to help both sides come up with a solution. I think that would be one heck of a show. I’d watch. I would even call in myself and participate. Possibly more times than when I did when I called in to vote for Kelly Clarkson on American Idol.

Or they could bring back The Incredible Hulk.

In case anyone is interested, I ate like a big fat pig on Thanksgiving. Oh yeah. A big fat pig.

No comments: