Saturday, March 24, 2007

DJ Milkdud at The Fuzebox

I have to admit that I'm pretty new when it comes to drum and bass DJ's....or any DJ's for that matter. Except for radio DJ's. But really...who cares about radio DJ's? They are usually really annoying and know absolutely nothing about the music they are spinning. At least that's the case with some of the radio personalities in my area...umm..Albany...Manchester,VT. Anyway, last night I went to see DJ Milkdud AKA Greg Mankes, who spins bass and drum at The Fuzebox in Albany, NY. I've seen him before and he puts on an amazing show. Last night was no different. To be honest the setting at The Fuzebox wasn't the best for a Milkdud show but it didn't matter. Milkdud spun a killer show and proved that he is one of the best drum and bass DJ's out there. But that's just my opinion. And really, what do I know? For years I thought all the unadopted puppies in the world were put on a special invisible island off the coast of Vancouver to live free forever and ever. Sadly, they are not.

If you get a chance check out some of his mixes on his myspace page by clicking here.

For more photos from the Fuzebox show click here.

No comments: